The District's meal distribution program will undergo some changes in February.
Effective on Feb. 17 and going forward after that:
- We will be moving to a weekly distribution, with meals delivered on Wednesdays.
- Families whose children are in the Universal instructional model will order a maximum of 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches per week and per student.
- Families whose children are in the Fully Virtual instructional model will order a maximum of 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches per week and per student.
- Meals must be ordered online by Sunday at 7 p.m. for the upcoming week’s delivery. So for Feb. 17, please order by Sunday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m.
- Meals will continue to be free through June 30.
The District will continue to distribute meals in two ways:
- Lunchtime via District buses, just as has been done the past few months.
- Family pick up at Kromrey Middle School, 7009 Donna Dr., Middleton, on Wednesdays from 4 to 6 p.m.
If you have any questions about the Virtual/Delivery meals or would like to be added to the program, please contact Kelly Lorandos at 829-2354 or email her.
A few other important points:
- Families do not need to order meals to be delivered for their children on the days they are in school buildings.
- There is a separate order guide for Fully Virtual students, High School students (until they return to school buildings) and any younger siblings of District students to use. Meals will still be delivered on Monday and Wednesday the week of Feb. 8-12 and on Monday, Feb 15.
Students in the Universal model can also receive free meals on the days they are receiving in-person instruction. Please call Amy Gundeck at 829-2344 or email her if you have questions on the following:
- If you have an elementary student who would like to receive free breakfasts at school and you didn’t complete the online form. (The students will be requesting lunches each morning at the school via their teacher.)
- If you have a middle school student who would like to receive free lunches at school and you didn’t complete the online form. (The students will be picking up breakfast each morning when arriving at school in the cafeteria.)