To inspire minds, engage hearts and build community.
Sunset Ridge is a professional community of collaborative educators committed to equity. We create community by building relationships with students so we can discover who they are, what they CAN do, and what they aspire to be.
We believe that ALL students learn best when :
- their social and emotional needs are being supported in a safe and positive environment.
- staff, students and families work closely in active partnerships.
- given the right level of challenge, scaffolds and supports.
- students’ unique cultural strengths are identified and nurtured to promote student achievement and well being.
We believe that as staff we must:
- embrace collective responsibility for ensuring student success (social/emotional and academic).
- build clarity on what students need to know and be able to do, gather student evidence to measure impact and differentiate instruction accordingly.
- nurture and challenge each other as colleagues by building our collective efficacy through reflective practice.
- develop a knowledge base about cultural diversity and include ethnically and culturally diverse content in the curriculum.