The Board of Education held a special one-hour work session on special education before its regular meeting at the District Services Center on Monday, May 10.
Director of Student Services Barb Buffington, Assistant Director Cindy Malcheski, and Tess O' Brien-Heinzen, an attorney for Boardman & Clark, attended and handled the presentation.
In other news from Monday's meeting:
* Annette Ashley and Bob Hesselbein expressed interest in serving as the Board president for 2021-22, while Bob Green expressed interest in serving as vice president. No one declared interest in the clerk or treasurer positions. The Board will vote on the leadership positions at its regular meeting on May 24.
* The Board approved its 2021-22 meeting calendar. The Board approves a calendar annually, which can be found on the District website.
* The Board approved a contract with CESA 2 for services for the 2021-22 school year.
* The Board approved individual teacher contracts for the 2021-22 school year. The Board must approve the contracts annually.
* The Board approved the final notice of non-renewal for three middle school teachers. Each non-renewal for 2021-22 is due to budgetary and staffing reasons and not performance-based.
* The Board approved the school safety drills. The Board approves these regularly throughout the school year.
* The Board approved an amended school resource officer contract with the Village of Cross Plains. Superintendent Dana Monogue briefly reviewed the amended contract and noted the changes made were minor. The contract was initially approved at the School Board meeting on April 26.