The National Honor Society (NHS) is more than just an honor roll. NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Who is Encouraged to Apply:
Second semester sophomores and juniors who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 3.600 or higher cumulative grade point average
- rigorous course load
- exceptional qualities of leadership, character, and service in school and community experiences
- 10+ hours of service learning (not including service hours earned in MHS classes)
- 2 or more elected or nominated leadership positions
- strong character references provided by MHS staff
- no Code of Conduct or law violations during their MHS career
Application for 2021-2022 Timeline:
Applications are due Friday February 26, 2021 by 4 pm , Applicants are notified of their acceptance status in April.
Membership Application 2021-22 can be found here.
To learn more, visit the MHS National Honor Society Site