The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Who is Encouraged to Apply:
- 3.600 or higher cumulative grade point average
- rigorous course load
exceptional qualities of leadership, character, and service in school and community experiences
- 15+ hours of service learning (outside of MHS classes)
- 2+ leadership positions (leading same-age peers or older, not babysitting or caring for siblings)
- strong character references provided by MHS teachers
- no Code of Conduct or law violations during their MHS career
Application Timeline: Applications are due in early February, applicants are notified of their acceptance status in March, and the Induction ceremony takes place in April.
Membership carries a responsibility of continued service learning throughout the year (10 hours per semester for NHS-sponsored activities) and attendance at monthly meetings. New members will attend NHS meetings in the spring; service learning for new inductees begins in September.
Applications are now closed for the 2020-2021 school year.