"Click here for updated information on Work Permits during Covid-19"
Please contact Marina Probasco at email@example.com or call 608-829-9662 with any questions.
Work permits can be obtained through the Student Services Office. Students under the age of 16 must have a work permit. If you change jobs, you will need a new permit.
The Department of Workforce Development requires the following documentation in order to acquire a work permit:
- One of the following: birth certificate, baptismal certificate, Wisconsin driver’s license or state photo ID, passport (Documentation must be original- COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
- Social security card (copies not accepted) - temporary can be obtained from: Social Security Administration Office, 6011 Odana Road, Madison - (866) 770-2262
- Letter from the employer written on letterhead or other business paper stating the intention of the employer to employ the minor; describing the job duties, hours of work, and time of day the minor will be working, and signature of the employer.
- A letter from your parent/guardian consenting to the employment, or a countersignature of the parent/guardian on the employer’s letter.
- $10.00 permit fee (reimbursed by the employer in your first paycheck)
Work permit documentation must be submitted by 12:00 noon if you need it processed the same day. Completed permits must be picked up by 3:30 pm.