AP EXAM STUDENT PREPARATION INFORMATION
What you SHOULD bring to the exam:
- Several sharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- Pens, with black or dark blue ink only
- Up to 2 calculators. (needed for Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics and Statistics)
- Visit the AP website for more information: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/calculator-policy
- A ruler or straightedge for AP Physics (Protractors NOT allowed)
- Your government-issued or school-issued ID.
- Your College Board SSD Accommodation letter if taking exam with accommodations.
DO NOT bring to the Exam:
- Any electronic equipment (cell phone, smart phone, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Books, compasses, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, notes
- Scratch Paper
- Reference guides, keyboard maps or other typing instructions.
- Watches that beep or have an alarm. No smart-watches.
- Food or drink (unless you are testing both am and pm and leave it with MHS staff).
- Clothing with subject-related information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REMEMBER:
- PLEASE BE ON TIME. Know your arrival time for your exams.
- Morning exams arrive at 7:30, in seats by 7:45, start time 8:00 sharp.
- Afternoon exams arrive at 11:30, in seats by 11:45, start time NOON sharp.
- You are responsible for lunch on your own.
- ALL MHS students will sit together in area marked with orange table markers
- Please be well rested and well fed the day of your exams.
- Stay calm and Breathe.
- Drive safely to and from your exam site.
2018 Advanced Placement Exam Information
The 2018 AP exam dates are: May 7-11 and May 14-18
• Test registration will be completed online from February 7 - February 28 at https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/501320
• Most testing will be held at Alliant Energy Center. World Language exams and other small exams may be held at MHS or the District Services Center on South Ave.
• COST = $110.00 per exam, financial assistance available
• Students with Disabilities, 504 Plans and Educational Accommodation Plans must apply for accommodations by February 17th.
Please contact Rachel Wimer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.