District families received an email on Monday night with valuable information:
1. Do you need to get into your child’s school to pick up medications?
Families will have the opportunity to get essential medications at the following times:
- Tuesday, March 17: 7 to 11 a.m. or 3 to 7 p.m.
Medication can only be picked up by a parent/guardian listed in Infinite Campus. Please enter the main entrance of each school. If you can’t make it on Tuesday, please contact your school principal.
2. Does your child or children need a Chromebook for virtual learning?
If you filled out our survey and indicated your child needs a Chromebook or told staff at a particular school, students can pick up Chromebooks:
- Tuesday, March 17: 7 to 11 a.m. or 3 to 7 p.m. (every District school)
If you have a child at more than one school, you will need to visit each of their schools to pick up a device. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are finalizing plans to provide online instruction, and the earliest that would begin is March 30. If you also need internet access and indicated so on the survey, MiFi devices will be available later this week. We will communicate at a later date about distribution.
3. Will other students be able to access schools on Tuesday?
We strongly encourage other students not to come to school to gather personal belongings.
4. Will meals be provided while schools are closed?
Free breakfasts and lunches will be available for all students ages 18 and under on a grab-and-go basis from 11 a.m. to noon on weekdays starting Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, April 3 (including spring break) at the following locations:
- Lakeview Park, Middleton
- Arbor Lakes Apartment, Middleton
- Overlook Pointe Apartments, Middleton
- Sauk Trail Elementary School, 2205 Branch St., Middleton
- Kalesey Court, Town of Springfield
- Kromrey Middle School, 7009 Donna Dr.,Middleton
- Morraine View Drive Bus Stop, Madison
- Gammon Lane Bus Stop, Madison
- Park Elementary School, 1209 Park St., Cross Plains
There is no registration involved and children don't need to provide their names. Please look for an MCPASD yellow bus at each site. Children cannot take extra meals for siblings or friends. If your child is allergic to peanut butter or other foods, please have them tell the individuals distributing the meals.
We also strongly encourage practicing social distancing when picking up meals and thorough hand-washing with soap and water before eating the take-home meals.