Seventeen members of the MHS 7 o'clock jazz ensemble, which has qualified for a competition in New York City in May, were recognized at the start of the Board of Education regular meeting on Monday, March 18.
"It's one of the most unique honors a high school ensemble can achieve,'' MHS band teacher Doug Brown said. "They have worked very hard to achieve this.''
In other news from Monday's meeting:
* The Board held a one-hour listening session with staff from Glacier Creek and Kromrey before the regular meeting. The Board has met with staff from every District school this year.
* The Board approved a Renewable Energy Rider Service agreement between MGE and the District.
MGE's Scott Schmitt attended the meeting and the projected energy cost savings over a 30-year period. MGE will present to the City of Middleton later this week before submitting the agreement to MGE regulators. There are no capital costs to the District. The solar project will be located at Morey Airport.
"We're excited to have all of you be a part of the project,'' Scott said.
* The Board approved the contract for new superintendent Dana Monogue (photo above), who joins the District on July 1.
* The Board approved a payment to Godfrey & Kahn.
* The Board approved a trip to Costa Rica in July 2020 by MHS students. All foreign travel must be approved by the school board.
* The Board approved the latest safety drill logs.