Middleton High School Registration Information
PREPAID ONLY August 15: GRADE 09: 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
GRADE 10: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
PREPAID ONLY August 16: GRADE 11: 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
GRADE 12: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED August 19: ALL GRADES: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Please note: new start time
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM Please note: new start time
LOCATION: Registration is held in the MHS Concourse. Enter at door #32 at the back of the building, next to the Fitness Center. Note: Siblings may come the same day to register.
Option 1: Online Pre-Registration and Payment by Credit Card:
- Review the blue enrollment form included in this mailing. Make any changes to your enrollment information directly on this form. Sign the form and mail in enclosed envelope to MHS.
- Log into the Parent Portal. Go to family section to pay the fees which your student has been assessed. Continue with the fee payment process by entering your credit card number when prompted.
- Print receipt for your records.
- Arrive at MHS during your designated time to complete the registration process and obtain student ID, handbook and schedule.
Please remember to return your signed blue enrollment form. You will be asked to complete a blank enrollment form at registration if we do not receive a signed copy by mail on or before August 1, 2013.
MHS cannot process credit card payments over the phone, by mail or in person. Thus, only the cardholder may process the fee payment from a computer with internet access.
Option 2: Pre-Registration and Payment by Check: DEADLINE AUGUST 1ST
- Review the blue enrollment form included in this mailing. Make any changes to your enrollment information directly on this form. Please remember to sign the form.
- Review the fee sheet and deduct any optional fees you do not wish to pay. Write a check payable to Middleton High School for the amount of the fees. Overpayments will be credited to student’s Lunch Express account.
- Mail the signed enrollment form, fee sheet and check to Middleton High School in the enclosed envelope. Please allow sufficient time for mailing as materials and payments received after August 1 will not count as prepaid. Payments after August 1st must be made at the August 19th registration at MHS. Middleton High School is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
Option 3: Registration and Payment in Person August 19
- Bring your completed registration materials to the registration site along with a form of payment.
- You may pay student fees by check, cash, or credit card at the August 19th registration site. Families will be asked to report to the Student Service office to enter their credit card payment as MHS staff is not able to process credit card payments. If you wish to pay by credit card, it is STRONGLY encouraged that you pre-register.
ON YOUR REGISTRATION DAY
TABLE 1: CHECK-IN -
Check in at this table to verify that the school has received the necessary forms.
- Student Enrollment Form (on blue paper) provides critical information to help us better serve you and your student. The directory data found on this sheet is publishable unless we are notified in writing by the parent/legal guardian within fourteen (14) days of registration. Other information including emergency contacts, health status, special services, and technology use instructions are not publishable. Note: Under the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act 2001, local education agencies receiving funds under this act shall provide armed forces recruiters’ access to students and student recruiting information. This information is also referred to as directory data under s.118.125 Wis. Stat. On the Student Enrollment Form, you may request that it not be released. If no request is made, the information is publishable and can be released to recruiters. Please sign and update the student enrollment form prior to returning it.
- Locks will be distributed at this station. All freshmen are billed for two locks. Upper classmen are able to purchase replacement locks at this station. Students are required to use a school issued red lock on their hall locker and school issued blue lock on their physical education locker.
- Student Athletic Pass will be indicated on the student’s ID if the athletic pass fee has been paid. Family athletic passes will be distributed at Table 1.
TABLE 2: STUDENT ID AND YEARBOOK PHOTO - All students will have their student ID and yearbook photo taken. Clothing must meet the dress code and no head coverings or sunglasses are allowed. Seniors must have this photo taken for ID purposes.
TABLE 3: SCHEDULES/HANDBOOK/TRANSPORTATION –
Students must show their new photo ID to pick-up their schedules. Students will also receive a student handbook and must sign the handbook guidelines sheet. Reminder: Students need to be present to pick up schedule therefore parents are not able to obtain the student’s schedule if the student is not present. Schedule modification
forms are due in the Student Service Office Tuesday, August 20, 2013 by 3:00 PM.
Eligible bus riders will have their bus information on their student ID card. Bus route information will be posted online and riders should check these postings for bus numbers, pick-up/drop off times and locations. Please call the Transportation Center at 829-2365 or check online at http://www.mcpasd.k12.wi.us “Transportation Services” for more information.
TABLE 4: SENIOR RELEASE – Seniors eligible for senior release will receive information over the summer prior to registration for eligibility. Please check your student school e-mail account. Eligible seniors must turn in their signed application for Senior Release and select the study hall block that they will be released for Semester I and/or Semester II.
STUDENT PARKING - Seniors and Juniors submit their signed application, proof of driver’s license, and the parking fee (separate check) to receive a parking permit. Permits are issued on a first come, first served basis.
TABLE 5: LUNCH EXPRESS – Payments can be made. Please contact Mary Spurgat at 829-2343 with questions.
Assistance for school fees and Badgercare + forms will be available at this table. These forms must be renewed yearly. Please contact Amy Gundeck at 829-2344 with questions. For special dietary needs contact Susan Peterman at 829-2346. Catering information please call Amy Jungbluth at 829-2345.
MHS FEES AND BILLING
All families will be invoiced for the required/optional fees. We are collecting fees assessed for specific courses along with other school fees to be processed prior to the start of the school year.
Deletions: If you do not intend to purchase a yearbook or you are a senior and do not intend to go on the senior trip, you can delete these items from your fee sheet by crossing them off and subtracting them from the overall total. All freshmen need to have two locks: red for their hall locker and blue for their physical education locker. The freshman lock fee can only be deleted if a sibling has school issued locks that the freshman student can use.
Additions: You can select an optional fee by circling it on your invoice and adding it to your overall total. Only add the fall athletic fee if you are absolutely sure your student will be participating in a fall sport. MHS will be enforcing a “pay before you play” approach to collecting athletic fees.
Student Handbook $ 8.00
Textbook Rental $46.00
Freshmen Lock Fee $10.00
Graduation Fee $25.00
Based on course selection
Yearly parking fee $155.08 ($147.00 + 8.08 sales tax)
Parking fees are separate and are not invoiced. Seniors and Juniors should complete the application enclosed and bring it with a separate check payable to MHS at the parking registration table.
Proof of Driver’s License is required day of registration to issue permit.
Student Athletic Pass $40.00
Family Athletic Pass $100.00
Fall Sport Fee $172.00
Senior Trip $30.00
Assistance for school fees and Badgercare +
Please call Amy Gundeck at 829-2344.
Family Athletic Pass: Event Prices: Adult $5.00 Student $3.00 Children 6 and under: $1.00
The Middleton High School Family Athletic Pass can be purchased for $100. Upon purchase the family will be issued two passes, not to be distributed to anyone other than immediate family members. The pass will allow all immediate family members into all home regular season athletic contests. Therefore, any MHS student(s) that constitutes an immediate member of the family is included in this pass and will be identified on the student’s ID card with the letters “AP”. If the family purchases a Family Athletic Pass it is not necessary for the student to purchase an individual Student Athletic Pass, which is defined below. WIAA tournament events and away contests are not included in this pass.
Student Athletic Pass:
The Student Athletic Pass can be purchased for $40. This pass admits one currently enrolled MHS student into all home regular season athletic contests. Each student who has purchased a Student Athletic Pass will have the “AP” symbol on their ID card. WIAA tournament events and away contests are not included in this pass. MHS is not responsible for lost or stolen Family or Student Athletic passes.
Checklist for a Successful Registration
- Update & SIGN blue Student Enrollment Form
- Pay online or mail fee payment and enrollment forms back to MHS. These must be received by August 1 to qualify as prepaid (use enclosed envelope for mailing)
- Include Fee Sheet with payment to Middleton High School (if paying by check) Please note: Overpayments will be credited to student’s Lunch Express account
Bring these items to registration
- Completed Enrollment form and fee sheet (on Monday, Aug. 19th if not prepaid)
- Completed Photo Order Envelope for students ordering photos
- Cash/Check for Lunch Express -optional
- Senior Release Application (if applicable)
- Parking Permit Application- SEPARATE CHECK FOR PARKING FEE (Seniors and Juniors only)
- Cash/check to purchase locks for upperclassmen who need locks
- Cash/check to purchase Cardinal Apparel-optional