What does a Link Leader do?
Link Leaders are trained to work with the incoming freshman class and other new students who are entering our school next fall. After extensive training in August, Link Leaders will run freshman orientation before school starts and on the first day of school in September. At the orientation, each Link Leader will be given a small group of freshmen to work with that day and will be asked to befriend and to help that group during the first week of school with any challenges they may face. During Advisory and the rest of the school year, Link Leaders will meet again with their student groups to touch base, discuss problems, and plan social activities. The more contact a freshman has with her/his Link Leader, the more successful the freshman will be.
Below are dates and events you are required to attend as a Link Leader:
- Spring Development Day: Tuesday, April 21st 2020 from 1:00-3:00pm in the Varsity Gym
- August Link Leader training: Wednesday, August 19st, 2020 8:00am - 1:00 pm & Thursday, August 20th, 2020 8:00am - 1:00 pm
- First day of school: Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 in the morning; wear your Link Leader shirt
- Back-To-School Night: Wednesday, September 9th 2020. Wear your Link Leader shirt
- Homecoming Tailgate: Wednesday of Homecoming Week 2020 4:00-6:00pm.
- Future Freshman Night: Wednesday, January 6th 2021; 6:30-8:00 pm; wear your Link Leader shirt
How to Apply