All District students are eligible to receive meals starting Tuesday, Sept. 1, Director of Communications Perry Hibner announced on Monday, Aug. 17.
The program will look different than it has the past few months, he noted. Some of the changes include:
- Meals must be ordered at least a week in advance.
- Students who receive free or reduced lunch will get the meals they order free of charge.
- Other students can still order and get meals, although there is a fee.
- Meals will be dropped off at bus stops or available at the school your child attends for those not eligible for busing.
Meals will be available on weekdays when staff are working. The meals must be ordered through the My Payments Plus website. The cost for the meals will be based on a family's income eligibility status:
If you need a meal for a child not enrolled in the District, the cost will be $3.80 per meal.
Deliveries to bus stops will begin at 11 a.m. each day. The District doesn't know exactly what time a bus will be at each stop so either a child or guardian will need to be at a bus stop, Hibner said. Transportation staff will be reaching out to families next week about where bus stops will be located, Hibner added. If a child's bus stop is their driveway, a child or guardian should be at the end of the driveway to pick up the meal.
For those who walk to school, students will need to go to the school they attend to pick up the meal at the front of the building. Either a child or guardian can pick up the meal between 11 a.m. and noon on weekdays.
Here is the process for ordering meals:
- Step 1: Set up your My Payments Plus account by going to the MPP welcome link.
- Step 2: Make payment to your child's lunch account.
- Step 3: Click on Events & Activities-Weekly Meal Selection. Each student's name will appear. Select a student and add to cart. Make meal choices by fillin in the form. Then click Save. Select next student and follow the same steps.
- Step 4: Proceed to checkout. Balance should be $0.00 for everyone at this point.
- Step 5: Click pay for order. Your receipt will be $0.00. Meals will not be charged to the account until the day of service.
Families who need to complete a Free & Reduced Lunch application should do so online. Nutrition information can be found on the MCPASD Nutrislice website. Menus for the week of Sept. 1-4 are also availalbe on the District website.
Please note that orders must be in one week prior so families that want meals the week of Sept. 1-4 must order by 7 p.m. on Aug. 23. The online order forms will change to the following week after 7 p.m on Aug. 23.