A limited number of Chromebooks will be available on Monday, March 30 for families who weren't able to get one when they were distributed twice last week.
Here is the information you need to know:
When: Monday, March 30 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Middleton High School, 2100 Bristol St., Use Door #1
Who Should Attend: Any student whose family doesn’t have a computer that they can use once online instruction begins on April 1.
- Please bring a student ID card or another form of identification.
- Due to limited numbers, we will be providing one Chromebook per family.
- A limited number of MiFi devices for internet access will be available but will only be distributed to families who don’t currently have internet.
- Please practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet away from others in line.
Here are the directions for how pickup will take place:
- A family representative will queue up on the sidewalk on the east side of the building to the south practicing social distancing.
- The family representative will fill out a form for a Chromebook (one per family) at the table and bring it into the vestibule to the attendant. There should be no more than two people in the vestibule at a time.
- Familes who have already contacted the District about needing a device can skip filling out the form and get a Chromebook immediately.
- Families who need to have a Chromebook repaired or exchange a power cord should enter on the north side of the greeter’s station. There should be no more than one person in the vestibule at a time.
If you still need Internet access, Director of Technology Services Jim Blodgett is requesting that families contact TDS or Charter regarding the free access they are providing.
"We realize the broadband service they provide may not be ideal if you have multiple devices online at one time so we would encourage you to stagger when family members are using the internet,'' he said.
The District has also set up a hot spot in the Glacier Creek parking lot for students and families who need to access the internet but can't from home. The District is looking into setting up additional hot spots.
If you picked up a Chromebook last week and are having issues due to a wrong power cord, the device not powering up properly or something else, please have your student call 829-9036, send an email to email@example.com or use this form: https://in.mcpasd.k12.wi.us/technology/ticketform/.