Group leaders are responsible for developing and supporting fun, explorative learning activities for children in an after school setting. Group leaders will assist students participating in interest-area clubs, will deliver an after school snack and assist with tutoring and other academic opportunities, in conjunction with community volunteers and recreation staff. This is an excellent opportunity for those who love to laugh and have fun with children while watching their brains grow!
2.5hrs per day
Shift: 2:30pm - 5:00pm, M-Th
Applicants apply on WECAN (see bottom of post). If you have questions, please contact Diane Austin, daus...@mcpasds.k12.wi.us or 608-829-9041 for assistance.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with children, families and school personnel
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and customer service skills
- High School diploma or GED
- Course work in child development, elementary education, physical education or other child-related field preferred
- Reliable transportation as the school is not on a public transportation route
Hourly rate: $15.00 per hour
The District is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity or change of sex, marital or parental status, national origin, disability or handicap, creed, color, political affiliation, pregnancy, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person's job or activity in the school, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any other United States or Wisconsin reserve component of the military forces, use or nonuse of lawful products off school premises during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.