7.5hrs per day, school year calendar
Shift: 8:00am to 4:00pm (.50hr unpaid lunch)
Applicants apply on WECAN (see bottom of post). If you have questions, please contact Diane Austin, daus...@mcpasds.k12.wi.us or 608-829-9041 for assistance.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in working with or willingness to work with students with disabilities and behavioral challenges.
- Ability to work with special education students in a school setting.
- Ability to interact in a positive constructive manner with students, staff and public.
- Certification as or eligibility for Special Education Program Aide license (883).
- Knowledge of and experience monitoring behavior management programs.
- Ability to work with individuals and small groups of students.
Prepare educational materials under the direction of the teacher. Carry out instructional behavioral programming planned by the teacher for individual students or groups of students. Assist students in the lunchroom, or other areas as assigned. Supervise student programs including behavior management and non-violent crisis intervention procedures. Assist students with assignment completion, drill, practice and test preparation. May perform procedures such as catheterization and gastrostomy feedings, after appropriate training is provided. Accompany students to the lavatory when required and provide assistance such as changing soiled clothing or soiled diapers.
Hourly Rate: Starting at $14.75 per hour
The District is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity or change of sex, marital or parental status, national origin, disability or handicap, creed, color, political affiliation, pregnancy, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person's job or activity in the school, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any other United States or Wisconsin reserve component of the military forces, use or nonuse of lawful products off school premises during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.