4hrs per day
AM Shift: 6:40am - 8:25am
PM Shift: 2:05pm - 4:20pm
Applicants should complete an application form on WECAN (link found at bottom of this posting).
For assistance, please contact Diane Austin at Click for Email
or at 608-829-9041.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to drive with concentration, maintain behavior on bus, and ability to follow route instructions.
- Commercial Driver's License.
- Pass DOT physical.
- No more than one moving violation in the past three years.
Operates vehicle according to policies and practices of the district, maintains interior of vehicle, drives assigned route (by following written directions), completes pre-trip inspection of vehicle, provides written report to supervisor on defect or malfunction, enforces all bus rider rules and regulations.
Requirements of Essential Functions:
- Must be capable on a continuous basis of: sitting, pushing and pulling (up to 20 pounds, right arm while sitting), repetitive movements of right foot (up to 20 pounds force required for pedal), repetitive movement of left foot (up to 114 pounds force required for clutch).
- Must be capable on a occasional basis of: bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, lifting (up to 10 pounds).
- Must be capable of: talking, seeing with both near and far visual acuity, depth perception, color vision, field of vision and hearing.
- Other necessary worker characteristics include: directing others (children), performing with sustained attention, ability to maintain discipline of children riding on bus and attaining tolerances.
Starting Salary: $ 17.85 (Credit on salary schedule for prior experience, with a bonus program.)
The District is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity or change of sex, marital or parental status, national origin, disability or handicap, creed, color, political affiliation, pregnancy, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person's job or activity in the school, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any other United States or Wisconsin reserve component of the military forces, use or nonuse of lawful products off school premises during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.