1.0 FTE; Full-time; Temporary Contract
**This position will be posted for the 2017-2018 school year**
WI Teaching Certification for elementary level required
WI Administration Certification strongly preferred
Successful teaching experience
To help students resolve nonacademic problems they encounter which may interfere with
their ability to benefit from the school’s educational opportunities.
To help students achieve the fullest benefit from programs, services and offerings of the school.
To help provide a positive, proactive environment for all students and staff by addressing behavioral and discipline issues in a restorative manner.
- Support the philosophy and vision of the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.
- Shares with principal the responsibility for protecting the health, safety and welfare of students.
- Provides individualized, classroom-based coaching with staff members to support them in implementing positive behavioral and classroom management practices.
- Confers with parents, teachers, counselors, support service personnel and students on matters of discipline and welfare.
- Provides immediate response and assistance to students in crisis. Participates in NVCI Building Crisis Team.
- Provides proactive supports for students with behavioral and social/emotional needs.
- Resolves all discipline problems in a fair and just manner with a focus on restorative discipline. Maintains appropriate records of all disciplinary cases.
- Works with the transportation department to maintain safe buses for students.
- Assists Principal in planning, coordinating, and implementing Professional Development to staff during staff meetings, grade level time, and common team time.
- Assists in the coordination of student attendance policies and procedures.
- Counsels with individual students and when appropriate makes referrals to student services personnel.
- Provides supervision of arrival greeting (bus duty), breakfast flow, lunch/recess, and dismissal flow/safety.
- Works to positive build relationships with students, staff, and families to make school a welcoming place for all.
- Works with community and government agencies on problems relating to alcohol and drug abuse, poverty, truancy, and other student issues.
- Assists in the coordination of all building/campus emergency, safety and security plans.
- Participates on PBIS and SIT teams, providing leadership around positive behavioral supports.
- Participates in weekly SST meetings and PLCs as needed in order to provide support and coaching around student behaviors.
- Assists in the interpretation of school and district programs, policies and procedures to students, parents, staff and community.
- Serves as the building administrator in the absence of principal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by administration.
Building Principal and Director of Elementary Education
The District is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity or change of sex, marital or parental status, national origin, disability or handicap, creed, color, political affiliation, pregnancy, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person's job or activity in the school, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any other United States or Wisconsin reserve component of the military forces, use or nonuse of lawful products off school premises during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.